Craft 'n Coffee

Monday, July 23, 2012

He tried to kill me


Good morning!  I haven’t walked since Friday!   I was going to go this morning, but I just lay on the couch pouting instead.  My husband tried to kill me last night ….

So, I snored.  So what, you have no idea what I’ve put up with over the years with his tree sawing!   I’m sleeping happily, until 3:24 a.m. he grabs my head with both hands and shakes my head violently.  Woke me up, and boy was I mad!  I punched him hard on the arm (understand, #1 rule in our marriage is NO HITTING EVER), rolled back over and said, “Don’t EVER do that again!”.  Then I decided I was really mad so I grabbed my pillow, yanked the covers back (and left them yanked back, I always smooth the covers back when I get up and he’s still in bed), and marched off to the couch.  Where I was afraid to fall asleep and snore again but lay there until 7:00 a.m. anyway. 

I was so mad – he could have snapped my neck dadgummit! - I did not make his breakfast.  So he comes in here, bangs stuff around in the kitchen making his coffee, fake-coughing and looking at me til I finally looked up at him and said “WHAT!”

Turns out it was a dream.  He touched my head, that’s all.  With one hand.  Just to make me quiet.  Like he always does.  Funny thing, what your mind can do to you  in a sleep state.

And that is why I did not walk this morning.  

That is my story and I’m sticking to it.  (not mentioning that it was also lightly raining outside, but that’s not important compared to getting my head shaken off  in the middle of the night, so hard my eyeballs rattled).

No comments:

Post a Comment