Craft 'n Coffee

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Accomplished!

Yesterday morning I got up early to go on my walk and got totally creeped out - still dark, all alone, crime's been going up all over - so we turned around and came back home.

This morning I got up early, logged in and got some work done, grabbed the leash and the keys and Solly and I went to Beuhlow Park's nature trail. Aside from a few spider webs I walked through (which was actually a good cardiac workout-jumping around, yelling, flapping arms), that trail kicked my butt. Trying to get back in shape? hit a nature trail. The ups, downs, curves, they work all the muscles in your legs and butt. 1 mile there in the morning heat (85 degrees!) is a far more vigorous workout than 1 mile flat neighborhood concrete. I managed 2 miles before the dog and I both dragged back to the car.

I'm going to try to drive over there 1-2 times a week. 

When I got up early this morning, the first thing I did was finish a granny square I had started.  These pictures really are not showing the beauty of these squares.  Once I get them all spritzed and pinned out to dry so they're straight, I'll have Jason take good pictures of them so I can put them in my project section at Ravelry.com.   This is the Peppermint Popcorn, done in Vanna's Choice colors espresso and seaspray mist.  The color contrast and texture is very dramatic!





No comments:

Post a Comment