Craft 'n Coffee

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

He's always there

This is an afghan I'm making for myself in long vertical panels, using Caron Simply Soft, color Autumn Red.  
Very soft, and a pretty rich red color.  The panel pictured here is the blackberry stitch, and I really think this iPhone picture cannot do it justice. Between the 2 pics, the red looks totally different.  I need to start using my nifty little Olympus camera, but gotta get a card for it first.
Here's a picture of the book from where I'm getting my stitches, along with the 2 panels I'm working on so far:

THOUGHTS:    This morning I read on www.biblegateway.com, Monday's reading, Isaiah 46:3-13.  This link takes you to the NKJV, and it is very interesting to read it in various translations.   I've carried you all your life, I carry you now, and I will carry you in your old age.  I can't tell you how badly I needed that passage this morning, I've really been through a very rough time lately.  And frankly it all boils down to my daily choices: what did I choose to say, how did I choose to react, do I choose to start and end my day with my Lord.  I tend to say and do the wrong thing constantly, and it's very tiring, actually.  No wonder I've felt beat up and beat down!

Bottom line is this:  There were 2 trees in the Garden of Eden.  One was made for immortality, one was made as a test of obedience.  Mankind naturally chooses the wrong tree.  And every morning, we're faced with choices. Which tree will you choose this morning?

No comments:

Post a Comment